Buford and the Galloping Ghost is an animated cartoon series that was considered a spin-off of Yogi's Space Race. It originally aired on NBC for thirteen episodes between September 9, 1978 and September 1, 1979.
The Buford Files and The Galloping Ghost originally aired separately as segments on Yogi's Space Race from September 9, 1978 to January 27, 1979. Following the cancellation of Yogi's Space Race, both segments were repackaged and spun off in their own half-hour series from February 3 to September 1, 1979. The show has been rebroadcast on USA Cartoon Express, Cartoon Network and Boomerang.
The characters of Buford (The Buford Files), Nugget Nose, Wendy and Rita (The Galloping Ghost) also participated in intergalactic racing competitions with Yogi Bear, Huckleberry Hound, Jabberjaw and other characters on the Yogi's Space Race segment (which was also spun-off into a separate half-hour). While Nugget Nose, Wendy and Rita race together as a trio, Buford's partner is Jabberjaw whose race ship contains a track on which Buford runs to increase speed.
- The Swamp Hermit/The Phantom of the Horse Opera
- The Vanishing Stallion/Too Many Crooks
- The Swamp Saucer/Sagebrush Sergeant
- The Man with Orange Hair/Bad News Bear
- The Demon of Ur/Robot Round-Up
- The Missing Bank/Pests in the West
- Scare in the Air/Rock Star Nuggie
- Buford and the Beauty/Frontier Fortune Teller
- Peril in the Park/I Want My Mummy
- The Magic Whammy/Mr. Sunshine's Eclipse
- The Haunting of Swamp Manor/Klondike Kate
- The Case of the Missing Gator/A Ghost of a Chance
- Don't Monkey with Buford/Elmo the Great