Graveyard cake is an easy-to-make Halloween-themed treat.
Any basic cake or cupcake - either homemade from scratch or store bought - will do the trick. The recipe seen below will list Rosa's Mud Cake, which works quite well and is the cake featured in this article's image.
- 12½ crushed chocolate wafers or Oreo cookies with the creme removed
- Chocolate sprinkles
- Doll limbs
Rosa's Mud Cake ingredients
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cups cocoa
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup strong black coffee (brewed, not grinds!)
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Add your ingredients into your mixing bowl and mix them together.
- Butter and lightly flour a sheet pan
- After mixing, pour contents into prepared sheet pan
- Bake at 350°F for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean
- Frost the cake with your choice of frosting (preferably brown-hued, such as chocolate)
- Crush crumbled wafers or Oreos over the top of the cake once cooled.
- Sprinkle your chocolate sprinkles over the cake.
- Add doll hands purchased from a craft and hobby shop or cut Barbie doll hands and place into the cake.