In recent years, Harry Potter and related characters from Hogwarts have been popular inspirations for Halloween costumes.
The costume is relatively simple. It would usually consist of a black robe, black frame glasses and one or more of the following accessories:
- a twig broom (optional)
- crest patch on the robe with the Gryffindor crest
- a tie or scarf in Gryffindor colors (usually striped) -- gold and red
- a white owl (optional)
- a wand (11")
- Sometimes you can buy an old graduation robe at a thrift shop. Then paint or glue on a patch.
- Use a gold or red tie and paint on the other color's stripes.
- Kaboose's Harry Potter Costume
External, commercial site: Harry Potter robe