Monster S'mores are a Halloween treat originally conceived by Jodi Levine, the former editor of Martha Stewart Living.
To make these delicious October treats, you will need the following ingredients and supplies:
- Parchment paper
- Both regular and mini-sized marshmallows (any brand)
- Both regular and mini-sized chocolate chips (any brand)
- Flat cookies (examples: Honey or chocolate flavored graham crackers, Nabisco brand Famous Chocolate Wafers, or tea biscuits)
- Thin, flat chocolate bars (most common choice is Hershey's bars)
- Preheat your oven.
- Line a baking sheet with some parchment paper. Next, arrange your cookie choices on the baking sheet and place a chocolate bar on top of each one of these.
- Next is to make the eyes. Cut your choice of mini- or regular-sized marshmallows in half horizontally. Place these halves sticky side down on top of your chocolate and poke holes in them with a toothpick, digging around in the holes to make them wider and more noticeable. Push a mini- or regular-sized chocolate chip into each hole, pointy side down.
- The teeth are next. Cut angled pieces off of your remaining marshmallows and press the sticky sides down onto the chocolate.
- Place the sheet into the oven, but remember to watch it carefully. Once the s'mores turn golden brown, remove them from the oven. This should take about 45 seconds. You will want to keep a close eye on them as they can burn very quickly after this time. It is smart to keep an oven mitt on to remove them as quickly as possible. Finally, let them cool until they’re just warm before handling or eating.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.