Spooky Cinnamon Sugar Flour Tortilla Crisps are a sugary Halloween treat conceived by Elise Bauer for Simply Recipes. It is an extremely easy-to-make alternative to cookies.
It has a prep time of only 15 minutes, a cook time of 12 minutes, and makes 12 crisps.
To make these delicious October treats, you will need the following ingredients and supplies:
- Halloween-themed cookie cutters (optional)
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper or foil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1½ teaspoons cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 flour tortillas
Note: You may choose to double your amounts of cinnamon sugar and butter, for easier dipping and dredging. However, this is entirely optional.
- Mix your cinnamon and sugar together into another small bowl, then spread out over the bottom of a small plate. Melt your butter in a small bowl - to lessen the amount of dishes needed to clean, it is suggested to use the same bowl you had used for your cinnamon sugar mixing.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- Cut Halloween-themed shapes out of your flour tortillas, preferably using cookie cutters. A suggested shape to use is bats.
- Dip your tortilla shapes into the melted butter and shake off excess liquid. Next, place one side into the cinnamon sugar and set aside onto your lined baking sheet.
- Bake your tortillas in the oven for 10 minutes or until crisp. Remove from oven and let cool for 2 minutes before serving.